Monday, January 16, 2017

Returning to The Temple


Me at the Manti, UT temple

 I am nowhere near perfect. I have made so many mistakes in my life. But, because of Christ's Atonement I can be washed clean of these mistakes and sins. 

"though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; 
though they be as red as crimson, they shall be as wool." Isaiah 1:18

We have all sinned; and sometimes those sins are what are keeping us from entering the doors of the temple. How heart wrenching that is to know your not worthy to enter the temple.  I have been there before. But because of Christ atonement I was able to be forgiven of my sins and make my way back into the temple. 

I remember how it felt as walked into the temple for the first time after becoming worthy again through using Christs atonement. I went the morning after I was given my temple recommend. I was so excited I walked through the doors and immediately felt peace. I knew for a fact that I had been forgiven. Being in the temple is the most amazing thing. I got to walk where Christ has walked. I know he has visited each and every temple, and how amazing is it that we can walk where he walks. That we can enter his house. Like it says on every temple, "holiness to the Lord, the house of the Lord." 

To anyone who is letting a sin keep them from entering the temple, please don't be afraid to utilize the Atonement and become temple worthy again. If you are afraid of talking to your bishop, don't be. He doesn't judge you, he doesn't think of you as a bad person. He wants to help you. I promise. He will guide you in knowing what the Lord wants you to do, and help you in using the Atonement. God wants you to be worthy to enter the temple, he wants you to visit his house. He loves you and has his arms open. He invites you to come unto him. All you have to do is take the first step, he will show you the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment