Monday, October 23, 2017

A Mom in College

Well, It's been a while since I have posted on my blog. Life get's busy and it's hard to find time to write sometimes. I mean nobody is paying me to post, so I don't have that motivation like a lot of other bloggers do. So life gets crazy, I can't find time to post and that's ok.

Anyways... I'm back! YAY! So here it goes.....

My husband and I are both enrolled in full-time college classes at SUU. (Southern Utah University) GO THUNDERBIRDS!

And let me tell you, it is hard. Trying to find time for homework, to take care of your child, clean the house, and find family time, is hard as heck. I shouldn't even complain because my poor husband is doing all that plus working 3 jobs. (He is absolutely amazing, I know!)

But no matter how hard it gets, it is doable. For me, I just need to remember the reasons why I am there. For example:

1. I am there to make a better future for my children.
2. So I can have a career that I enjoy and has more opportunities.
3. To show my children that no matter how hard it gets you can achieve your dreams if you work hard
4. I have always had goal to go to college
5. I am lucky to have this opportunity and be given a grant to pay for it.

By the time I get to number 5 on that list I am feeling a lot better and ready to get to work typing my essay for English while simultaneously making sure Elijah is staying safe in the bathtub. Because multitasking is something I have had to learn to do to be able to care for Eli and do homework at the same time.

My life has become a delicate balance between the most important things and I have to work hard to stay on top of them. But as my first college midterm passes I feel like wonder woman. I can go to school with a 10-month-old son, and I can get good grades while doing it. No, it does not take away from his childhood and he isn't going to be scarred for life that I left him with a babysitter while I go to class. It will teach him the value of education and that if you work hard, no matter your circumstances you can achieve just that. And that is priceless compared to what I have to give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment